Reports & Research
Campus climate for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people: A national perspective
College campuses are often stereotyped as liberal meccas of progressive ideals. But lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) students, staff and faculty are not immune to harassment and discrimination.
Among those on campus, 20 percent fear for their physical safety due to their perceived sexual orientation or gender identity.
In order to create an inclusive, safe environment, colleges and universities must:
- Recruit and retain LGBT individuals;
- Demonstrate institutional commitment to LGBT issues/concerns;
- Integrate LGBT issues/concerns into curriculum and pedagogy;
- Provide educational programming on LGBT issues/concerns;
- Create safe spaces for dialogue and interaction.
- The Issues
- Get Involved
- Our Work
- Reports & Research
- Support Us
- About Us